[SEL] Trailer Redecked

Gary Epps garyepps at fidnet.com
Tue Apr 25 22:20:32 PDT 2006

The new flooring in on the trailer, well nearly.  It turned out to be a
fairly simple job since the channel on the front of the trailer was created
using a piece of angle iron that used machine screws to fasten it down.
Right now I have wedges holding the boards in place until they season for
awhile.  I don't want to rip the last 2"x8" to make it fit and then have
shrink from there.  Sicne it is setting out in the sun I should be able to
add the last board in a week or two.  I have railroad cross ties laying
across the width of the trailer.

I decided to continue using the stake pockets for tiedowns.  This works well
for the use I give the trailer.  I can always  install countersunk tie-downs
later if I wish.

Thanks for all the suggestions and advice.

Gary
In the Ozark Mountains of southern Missouri in the south central part of the
USA, where both life and I move slowly.