[SEL] Pouring castings at the Tod Engine Works Class.

Curt curt at imc-group.com
Tue Apr 25 04:35:24 PDT 2006

Dave,
For the same reason ALL rubbers fail.....too much pressure too much
heat! :-)

The rubber fitting that failed was a rubber drain boot connecting
flexible hose (from the pump) to 1 1/8" copper tubing (on the heat
exchanger). The replacement fittings adapted the 1 1/8" copper fittings
to smaller NPT pipe so that the flexible hose could be slid over and
worm gear clamped in place.
Curt
P.S. As to picture taking.....you give a whole new meaning to exposure
and "f" stop!