[SEL] Wolseley R /TOMM magazine

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Tue Apr 25 05:41:16 PDT 2006

Hi everyone and in particular all the Aussies,
         My next project will probably be a 1928 Wolseley R Type. This
engine was originally made for the Australian sheep shearing market and
most of them were sent there and, as such, are fairly common in Australia
but not elsewhere. I have a 6 H.P. (Paraffin or Kerosene) one here
<http://www.oldengine.org/members/evans/karoo/wolsr.htm>.
I only know of one other in South Africa of this size and one smaller model.
         An Aussie friend sent me a few scans of an article in TOMM (dated
August/September 1998) about the Wolseley R Type (A.K.A. as "Series 4")
written by Malcolm Mackay.
         Unfortunately the scans are of very poor quality and almost
unreadable. I have written to TOMM asking about the availability of a back
issue but have not received a reply and cannot find a place on their
website to order back issues.
         Does anyone have this issue and would you be prepared to scan the
article and eMail it to me. I would be most grateful.
         Also does anyone know Malcolm Mackay (I believe he operates a
Wolseley registry) and could you give me a contact address for him
(preferably eMail). His address is on the last page of the item but all I
can make out is the Postal Code which looks like "NSW 2212".
         I am of course also on the lookout for any other information on
this particular engine so anything is welcome.
         Many thanks in advance.

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans
Tel. (016) 365-5787 or 083 283 7191
Visit our website for old engines in South Africa.
www.oldengine.org/members/evans

---