[SEL] Trailer decking--Thank you

Gary Epps garyepps at fidnet.com
Thu Apr 20 10:55:45 PDT 2006

Thank you one and all who responded to my inquiry.  It sounds like treated
2"x8"s are the way to go.  Tim's suggestion of storing the lumber over the
winter in the barn sounds good, but I didn't plan far enough ahead for that.
Using oak is attractive, but I am not sure I can flex it into the channels
after it seasons.  Abitong sounds like I would never have to redeck in my
lifetime.  I presume it would be hard to find reasonably priced here in the
Ozarks.

I will use treated, ACQ I think, 2"x8"s installed as soon as I get them.  I
will buy an extra an extra 2"x6" for ripping and filling gaps later.  Like
you Arnie, I appreciate the fact that the spaces between the boards allow
for water drainage, but small gravel and sticks lodge in them as well and
can be an irritant so I think I will try to fill the spaces this time.

Thanks again for your collective advice.

Gary
In the Ozark Mountains of southern Missouri in the south central part of the
USA, where both life and I move slowly.