[SEL] Hypocrites - SEMI-OT

bill at antique-engines.com bill at antique-engines.com
Wed Apr 19 04:50:02 PDT 2006

I guess I always figured this is a list about stationary engines (and
related equipment) it's a gathering place for people whose primary
hobby/interest (well, besides the normal other interests) is engines.
At least it's seemed like that for the past, what, 8 or 10 years or so....
That being said - if you go to an engine show or event or an auction where
a collection of engines is being sold - do you walk away from friends if
one of them suddenly starts talking about their new truck, or new
baby/grandbaby, etc? In most cases, the topic will soon swing back to
engines, but if you are at a show or whatever and go from crowd to crowd,
group to group, and walk away from any where the topic is not solely
engines, well, results could be lonely after a time.
OK, so this is computer based and as such, there are limited resourcces
for bandwidth (I'm on dial-up - no choice - and it can take 10 to 15
minutes to get my email in the evening) there is limited time to read
messages, limited disk space, etc.
We are human, and once in a while even those purists will slip up and need
to talk about something else....... if you want the topic back on engines,
then by all means, post something interesting you know or saw or ask a
question about engines.

Bill
down by the river near Runnells, Iowa, USA