[SEL] IHC mag/distributor question.

Curt curt at imc-group.com
Mon Apr 10 10:38:11 PDT 2006

An employee brought in a HT,  IHC mag / distributor off of his IHC Cub
this morning saying it no longer had fire. I've attached 4 photos and am
looking for information as to how to troubleshoot it so I can repair it
for him. And then instructions on how to re-time it on installation.

http://www.oldengine.org/members/holland/images/IHCMaggy/M1.jpg
http://www.oldengine.org/members/holland/images/IHCMaggy/M2.jpg
http://www.oldengine.org/members/holland/images/IHCMaggy/M3.jpg
http://www.oldengine.org/members/holland/images/IHCMaggy/M4.jpg

There are not a lot of numbers on it but the s/n says J4022924.
At the bottom is a small number on the casting 251493 R91

Facing the drive end it will turn and click counterclockwise, but I
cannot turn it clockwise very far as it feels like it is up against a
spring load.. What is the business direction? It behaves like a rotary
imulse mag, but the electrical lead coming in the lower part of the case
adds confusion.

Thanks for any assistance in identifying this and for information on it.
Curt Holland
Gastonia, NC