[SEL] Anybody Near Wichita? (Old Iron Brigade Help Needed)

John Culp johnculp at chartertn.net
Sat Apr 8 16:44:03 PDT 2006

I'm wondering if maybe the Old Iron Brigade might be able to help out
with moving something for me. A fellow in Winfield, Kansas (about an
hour south of Wichita, maybe 10 miles north of the Kansas state line
with Oklahoma) is buying a Hammond organ similar to mine, with a
Hammond Model 10 tone cabinet that he doesn't want and I'd like to
have. It's a wooden cabinet with an amp and speakers inside, similar in
size and weight to one of the big old console radios. He's going to be
passing through Wichita tomorrow afternoon with the goodies. If
anyone's around Wichita who might be able to carry it to one of the
shows attended by other Engine List members, maybe we could work out a
transfer to get it closer to me. I'm happy to pay for gas and your
trouble, of course. I'm pretty tied down with my work schedule and
family and won't be able to make it out to many shows this year,
probably the East Tennessee Crankup and Asheville show are the only
likely ones. But Bo's planning on coming to the Crankup and several
List regulars usually make it to Asheville in October, so maybe
something could be worked out. I'd sure appreciate it!

John Culp
Bristol, Tennessee, USA