[SEL] OT Looking for someone who knows about uranium 235 Arnie, Dave ??

Dave Croft dave.croft at ntlworld.com
Thu Apr 6 10:10:14 PDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Arnie Fero" <fero_ah at city-net.com>
To: "The SEL email discussion list" <sel at lists.stationary-engine.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 06, 2006 3:31 PM
Subject: Re: [SEL] OT Looking for someone who knows about uranium 235 Arnie,Dave ??

> Hi Ron,
>
> Folks tend to forget where uranium comes from in the first place; out of
> the ground.  In fact, Eastern PA has some incredibly high natural
> concentrations of uranium.  Look into the Reading Prong in Google.
> Uranium and it's decay products are everywhere; we live in a naturally
> radioactive world.  In fact, there's as much published research that shows
> the human organism NEEDS low level radiation exposure as there is data
> that shows high levels are dangerous.
> The bottom line is that once radioactive material has been "technically"
> removed from its natural location in the ground, it falls under US Nuclear
> Regulatory Commission oversight.  This includes the rock mined to extract
> uranium (referred to as tailings), the rock mined to extract potassium
> for fertilizer (also tailings), and the scale that builds up inside the
> pipe casing used to drill for and pump oil.  All of it is
> naturally radioactive and all of it is controlled and all of it may be
> safely disposed of in landfills.
> The problem that you run into is anti-nuke and media fostered public
> hysteria.  But that's a different issue.  Folks have agendas that have
> nothing whatsoever to do with their stated "concerns".
> If you want to be concerned about something, worry about all of the toxic
> materials that go into the landfill that are NOT regulated or controlled
> in any way.  Or if the thought of uranium roaming free in the environment
> makes you twitchy, look to your friendly local coal fired power plants.
> There's far more uranium going up the stack into your personal environment
> than will ever come out of that landfill.
> See ya,  Arnie

Hi Arnie,I agree about the coal fired emissions.
A local area was being declared a preserved habit &
the local council decided to put in footpaths to keep
people within know routes.
They used coal residue from the local power station for the paths.
A coupleof months later someone with a geiger counter entered the
site & his meter went way up.
It was the radio-activity in the flyash from the Power station.
They had to remove it all & use other material for the paths.
Dave Croft
Warrington
http://oldengine.org/members/croft/homepage
http://community.webshots.com/user/crftdv