[SEL] Famous cooling screen mount

Curt curt at imc-group.com
Tue Apr 4 05:16:50 PDT 2006

Mike,
Depending on the size tank you are using I may have the parts used to
mount the screen cooler to the cart rails. The IHC cart I took apart had
a frame of angle iron (about 1 1/4" to 1") sawn and formed to make a
square frame. This frame was mounted to the engine cart via carriage
bolts. As I recall there are tabs on the front and back of the frame
that the rods pass thru coming down from the pipe brackets on the screen
cooler. There was no wood left on my cart when I got it, so I can't tell
you if there were thin wood board between the cart rails and this square
frame, or if the square frame was mounted directly on the channels.
Perhaps someone can add that piece of information.
The cross irons on IHC saw carts allow different width spacing for
different HP engines. The cart was originally set up as a 6HP but I
reconfigured as a 8HP and therefore the original 6HP screen cooler mount
was not appropriate for the engine. I will measure and take a few
pictures of what I have if you are interested in these 6HP parts.

BTW I am still using a nice original 15 or 20 HP screen cooler on my 8HP
engine. I am still interested in trading my large screen cooler for an
equally nice original correct 8HP screen cooler if anyone is interested.

Curt Holland
Gastonia, NC