[SEL] Funny thing happened on the way to the bolt shop.

edd payne edsingns at winsoft.net.au
Mon Apr 3 14:40:43 PDT 2006

I have been mixing and matching Whit and UC in my hobbies and in my work as
a tool maker and fitter machinist for 40 years and have never ever had a
problem.the profiles are so similar that unless you are working on a
absolute precision item it wont make any difference and our engines are
definitely not what you would call that.When screw cutting in the lath I
have several insert type cutting tools and they are all UNC 60 deg and I use
them for all thread types and have never had a problem for my own and
outside work.Try putting a thread gauge on and see if you can tell the
difference with the naked eye.You only can on large sizes.
EDD PAYNE
PO BOX 364 GULGONG
New South Wales  AUSTRALIA 2852
0263742387