[SEL] WV engines

steve sewell sewell at oak.cats.ohiou.edu
Sun Apr 2 22:33:12 PDT 2006

At 10:17 PM 4/2/2006 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi Spencer,
>         There is a BIG difference between "engine sellers" and engine
> collectors! the former will screw you and the latter will try to help
> you. The right engine for you will show up--we just have to keep looking!
>         Dave

After spending the day with Vertis and Bob I think they are somewhere in
between. The engine and bed plate were close to the logging road and 'easy
pickings'. Logging had started in this area in the last few weeks and by
the tracks down to Spencers engine I believe it had been taken in that time
frame. Scraper for sure. The engine had been unbolted and a winch cable
hooked to the far side flywheel and pulled over onto a flatbed - breaking
the concrete base and bending the studs in the concrete.

Note to Spencer, never try to make a road where you think one should be.
(-; I've got some good pictures for Portland on this adventure. (-;

And, yes there are a lot more engines in them hills. Just got to keep looking.

- Steve

Who spent a good day in the hills with his son and a good friend. Doesn't
get much better than that.