[SEL] WV engines

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Sun Apr 2 18:43:09 PDT 2006

Hey folks

Just a quick update.   Steve Sewell, his son John, the two sellers and I
spent the day in the WV hills checking up on the three engines.  Steve will
be operating the equipment and will be hauling Brice's engine for him so he
wanted to the lay of the land and scope the situation out for the
extraction at the end of the month.

While a day spent in the WV mountains is always a good day, things didn't
go too well.   It started with me getting my truck stuck and then got
progressively worse from there.   Apparently a scrap cutter made off with
my engine!   The owners of the engine, Vertis and Bob, lost a bed plate,
flywheel and crankshaft too.  To make matters worse, loggers cut down trees
around Luke's engine and piled the slash in front of it.  This slash pile
and fallen trees will require renting the excavator with a "thumb" or a
bulldozer instead.  The only good news was that Brice's engine is still
there , unmolested and in good shape and now there is a road to it.

Unfortunately, this project  beginning to look like a non-starter.  I
certainly am abandoning the deal since my engine is gone, but I will still
provide project management and coordination if Brice and Luke want to move
forward.  Brice is disinclined but I haven't spoken with Luke yet.  I have
to speak with Luke off-line and then all three can arrive at a decision.
I'll keep everyone informed.

You win some and lose some,

Spencer