[SEL] 12 volt 2000 lbs winch

Frank DeWitt Frank at lbpinc.com
Fri Sep 30 20:17:48 PDT 2005

Looks like a good one but dose anyone know how to convert the rating 2000
lb winch to a dead lift (Example Hoist)
(The 2000 lb is said to be "Up to 6000 lbs. pulling capacity for rolling
stock, 2000 lbs. for straight pulling'  Straight pulling what, on what
surfacer.)
Perhaps a 2000 lb engine on grass and dirt, or perhaps a 2000 lb engine on
small round stones or maybe on Ice,  I don't know.

Frank

At 12:00 PM 9/30/2005, you wrote:
>Hi List,
>
> >From time to time, some of the list member have described their  engine
>
>movers which use an electrical winch.  This seem to be very good  idea to
>use the
>electric winch to minimize manual  labor.
>For those member who would like to install a electric winch on  their rig,
>Harbor Freight has a 12 volt 2000 lbs winch on sale for
>about  $40.00.  You can
>see it on Harbor Freight's web site.
>
>Francis  Maciel
>Santa Maria, CA

  Frank DeWitt

  Light plant WEB page
<http://www.oldengine.org/members/frank>http://www.oldengine.org/members/<http://www.oldengine.org/members/frank>frank
  Mechanical Design      mailto:frank at lbpinc.com
  LBP  INC.              Phone:  585 624 3052
  2365 Cox Rd.           Fax     585 624 1038
  Bloomfield NY 14469    Web   http://www.lbpinc.com