[SEL] It's taken a while ... (Portland Countdown)

Jim French fbi at insulate.co.uk
Thu Sep 29 14:18:02 PDT 2005

Hi Jerry

Glad you're enjoying it.  As with your pages, giving us an insight into how the
hobby works in South Africa, my pages are intended to show what impressions we
Brits get from our visits to America.  And you can also check out the reverse - a
Yank visiting England, with Arnie's tales of his trips to the UK
http://www.oldengine.org/members/arnie/index.htm
Sadly, he's very behind (over 3 years at the last count) with his trip reports,
but there's still plenty of good stuff there!
It's a very powerful force which gets us travelling around the globe, and for
those of us who can't make the journeys, webpages make a reasonable substitute.

Dolly

--
Jim French
fbi at insulate.co.uk