[SEL] 3 hp Sattley:need parts, help

Steve zarco at sonic.net
Wed Sep 28 18:33:32 PDT 2005

Hi Guys,
I've been off the list for the past year or so. Yesterday I found my second
stationary engine. Its a 3 hp Sattley hit-n-miss that was being used as
yard art. Of course its frozen solid, but no cracks or repairs and most
parts are there. The exhuast lockout lever is missing, and I have no idea
what it looks like. Couldn't find anything with a Google search. Also, its
missing the magneto/buzz box. I'd like to know what was used with this
engine. I suspect it used a WICO. It does use a spark plug (long gone).

Of course, if anyone has any of these parts for sale, I'd like to hear
from you.

On the brass tag; Sattley, 3 hp, 450 RPM, number 4165. Still has
some of its original green paint, but I'll restore this one completely.

BTW, my first engine, and the only one I have any experience with,
was a 1 1/2 HP Sattley that uses a Webster magneto (low tension).
These engines must've been popular in this area (northern California).

Steve Pazar
Santa Rosa, CA.