[SEL] Engine Identification Needed

Dave Rotigel rotigel at alltel.net
Thu Sep 22 06:18:08 PDT 2005

Hi Francis,
         Yup, it looks like a Hercules built engine. I think it's actually
parts of at least two Hercules built engines that have been "cobbled"
together. doG only knows where the mag came from! The tag (I believe) says
"E", but the trip piece (left) on the push rod looks like it's for a WICO.
If the engine runs I would think it's worth $5-600. Someone may think more
because of the "unique" features, however............
         Dave
PS, Who knows, perhaps the mag is worth $500 by itself!