[SEL] Galloway Babbitt Pour

Richard Strobel Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com
Wed Sep 14 07:27:49 PDT 2005

and gang if using these old blowtorches, please read the safety issues at:

http://members.aol.com/blotorches/

It's not that hard to wind up with your face on fire due to a leaky
checkvalve.

btw., that's plumbers putty I'm using for damming compound.  Didn't think it
would work as heat makes it real soft..but it seemed to do ok.

  And in one place the babbitt is only 1/8" thick...is that too thin? (the
On side closest to the mag), so belted up I would assume the wear would be
to the bottom and side away from the mag.

later,
Rick
PS:  Rowlands did the rod caps and look very original