[SEL] Sort of on-topic: The First Aircraft Engine

Charles R Bryant mogul460 at localnet.com
Mon Sep 5 17:49:18 PDT 2005

Very interesting  topic. To add to it Charles Taylor is considered by the
F.A.A to be
the first Airframe and Engine mechanic and was issued Airframe and Engine
certificate
No.1. Each year the Department of Transportation  presents The Charles
Taylor "Master Mechanic"
Award to an aircraft mechanic who has a F.A.A.  A&P certificate (Airframe &
PowerPoint),
worked in aviation 50 years, recommended by the local F.A.A. office and
prior companies he has worked for.
This is the highest aircraft mechanics award in the nation. I was presented
this award on Feb.19,2003
while living in Missouri.