[SEL] Auction proceeds - Little and Large.

Paul Evans paul at semidiesel.com
Thu Sep 1 08:12:23 PDT 2005

Hi,
Our 2p(cent)'s worth for what it is worth.

As a small operation the money given to Internal Fire from the 2005
auction helped with a project that was otherwise struggling.

It went towards the installation of the 1912 blast injection Sulzer
which is now one of the oldest working Diesel engines on public display
in the world. Several  thousand people have now seen this engine over
the summer including visitors from the US (and Arnie), Holland, Germany,
France, Belgium and Australia.

I think some people might have been worried about auction funds leaving
the US, we hoped that using it on the Sulzer would address that as the
engine has significance outside the UK, it is probably the most original
running Diesel with only 50 hours on the clock.

As a small museum we rely on what we take on the door, we have had no
grant aid so far and probably never will. Therefore what would have been
a small amount to some groups had a big effect on us and made a difference.

Thanks again
Paul

Internal Fire Museum of Power, Wales, UK
http://www.internalfire.com