[SEL] Rusty runs again !

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Sat Sep 3 20:16:22 PDT 2005

From: Curt <curt at imc-group.com>
Subject: Re: [SEL] Rusty runs again !
To: The SEL email discussion list <sel at lists.stationary-engine.com>

Jerry,
This is pretty nice! Have a couple of questions.

I've seen a few Rustons in Oz :-)     They all look like cast iron was
in abundance at the factory. I don't see a pivoting axle on the cart.
Are you able to move this around well?

I really like the wood work you did on the side of the box. That's
pretty detailed router work of the RH logo. Tell us how you did this?

Curt Holland

Hi Curt,
	These little Ruston PT's were the forerunners of the Wolseley WD range and
in fact when Ruston & Hornsby stopped making them they carried on selling
Wolseleys badged as Rustons for a short while.
	I do not make pivoting axles for a number of reasons. I have a loose
towbar and wheel arrangement that hooks under the axle. Leverage picks the
engine up and I drag and steer it with this
bar. (I find it a bit hard to describe the construction in words but will
soon put pics of it on my webpage.) I then only have this one towbar which
fits all the engines and when they are in place I store it out of sight. I
can make my trolleys shorter and lower this way and fit more on my pickup
(I have a double cab which only has a small loading back).
	Regarding the "router work". I cheated with this one, although I do have a
router pantograph as well as a small signmaking pantograph which I would
normally do this with I was running out of time and did the drawings on a
CAD programme and sent it to a friend who has a computer controlled
engraver. Cost me the equivalent of Aus$ 12.00. So much easier. I did the
rest myself - dovetails etc.
Cheers for now,
Jerry

Best regards
Jerry Evans.
Databak Hard Drive Data Recovery

Databak Hard Drive Data Recovery   ----- The lower cost Data Recovery
Alternative !
We recover your LOST DATA resulting from Hard Drive Failure / Virus attack
/ Accidental or Malicious Deletion of files, Reformatting or Partition Loss
(FDISK).
We also retrieve lost passwords for most popular programmes.
Visit our site:
http://www.databak.co.za
Tel: (016)365-5787 and 083 293 7191
Tel. Intntl.: +27(16)365-5787
eMail: jerrye at cyberserv.co.za
Snail Mail: P.O.Box 521, Randvaal. 1873. Republic of South Africa

---