[SEL] Diesel Engine Starter With Oil Pump

FRM8198 at aol.com FRM8198 at aol.com
Thu Oct 27 09:25:14 PDT 2005

In a message dated 10/27/2005 6:35:14 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
BillMil357 at aol.com writes:

No it is  not a common practice, I have two Ford diesel pickups and neither
have this item, they make preluber's for diesel engines that you can add  on
but
they are pretty expensive, around $600.00, you can turn them on and  build
oil  pressure before starting the engine, I have heard this is  when you have
the
greatest wear on an engine is after starting and until  oil pressure comes

Thanks Bill

Francis  Maciel
Santa Maria, CA