[SEL] Re: Arnie's New Wheels

Gary Epps garyepps at fidnet.com
Mon Oct 24 17:27:04 PDT 2005

It sounds like you dun good!  If the earlier Ford 150 looked as good as
the new ones do, I might have ended up with one instead of the Tundra.
I have been really pleased with the Tundra though.

Have fun looking at trailers.  Something in the car hauler style might
be of interest.  They seem to have lower, to none at all. side rails.
Or you can build one dedicated to Bessie.

Lots of fun choices.

Gary

Arnie Fero wrote:
> Hi Gary,
>
> YEP!  I really enjoyed having the Bessemer half-breed at Baraboo and
> Portland and really appreciated Dave dragging it out for me.  That's OK
> once, but not really a fair deal to request on a regular basis.  Add to
> that the fact that Steve Webre had a brand new truck and I started to
> consider the possibilities.  I was surprised that you could get a great
> iron hauler without spending $50K.  The bottom line was that after
> Portland I discussed trucks with friend spouse, did some research on the
> net, and went shopping.  I looked at and drove Dodge, Chevy, GMC, Ford,
> Toyota, and Nissan (all in the same size class).  I bought the Ford F-150
> (a 2005 model, 4X4, off road & tow packages, 5.4L V8, SuperCab, 6.5' bed,
> hard tonneau cover).  IMHO, the Ford was clearly the best truck.  PLEASE,
> let's NOT start a "best truck" thread.  8-))
>
> In the spring I go shopping for a nice 16' trailer.
>
> Anyone in the market for a cherry 2001 Jeep Wrangler?  The "Rubber Duckie"
> is for sale.  8-))
>
> See ya,  Arnie
>
> Arnie Fero
> Pittsburgh, PA
> fero_ah at city-net.com
>
> On Sun, 23 Oct 2005, Gary Epps wrote:
>

>>Does this mean that Arnie has a new set of wheels?

In the Ozark Mountains of South Central USA where both life and I move
at a leisurely pace.