[SEL] Mike Burns' IHC engine and tractor show Oct 29th.

Curt curt at imc-group.com
Mon Oct 24 11:10:00 PDT 2005

SEL and tractor fans,
Fans of all things International Harvester will be pleased to know the
3rd annual show at Mike Burn's place will be held on October 29th at his
house.
Mike has an unbelievable collection of large horsepower Mogul engines,
Famous engines, Mogul tractors, Famous tractors (including s/n #1
friction drive), an IHC auto, early Harvester grain binder, threshing
equipment, and numerous smaller IHC and Osborn engines.

In years past it has been a working show (I assume it will be the same
this year) including the cutting of wheat straw he grew and bound with
the IHC cutter/binder, the threshing of the straw, and the baling with a
large IHC hay baler. The thresher is driven with one of the large Mogul
or Famous/Titan tractors.

In the late morning to early afternoon the tractors are started in the
fields pulling large plows. There is nothing better than the stack music
these large tractors make when pulling hard!

If you are into early IHC engines and tractors and seeing them worked as
they would have been a 100 years ago, then this is the show for you!

Mike's address is 2715 East Georgia Rd. Simpsonville, SC
Or from Mapquest this map can be printed:
<http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searchtype=address&country=US&addtohistory=&searchtab=home&address=2715+east+georgia+rd&city=simpsonville&state=sc&zipcode=>
Hopefully that won't long line wrap. If it does just use the address
above in Mapquest.

If you get lost call Mike on his cell at 864-414-1996

For a primer on what you are going to see here are the links to the
pictures I took the last tow years.

2004 show:
http://www.oldengine.org/members/holland/images/MikeBurns2004/Thumbnails.html

and the 2003 show:
http://www.oldengine.org/members/holland/images/MikeBurns2003/Thumbnails.html

This is NOT a show you bring anything to. There is plenty of Mike's
stuff to see and watch! The activities will start in the morning 8:00
ish and usually go until mid-afternoon.

Hope to see many of you there. If you have any questions, email me.
See ya Saturday.
Curt Holland
Gastonia, NC

P.S. Would someone copy this over to the tractor lists please? I'm not
on any at the moment.