[SEL] Fw: Question

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 09:04:51 PDT 2005

On 10/15/05, cam grundy <ponchie at ozemail.com.au> wrote:

> One for the Aussies
>
> Can anyone help a friend of mine with the answer to this question please
>
> What are the values of the green cap  capacitors used as condensers for EK magnetos ?
> Who sells them in Australia.
>   Thanks in advance. Cam

0.1mfd  to  0.22mfd, polyester type with 400V working voltage should
get you there, but they'll work with a range of capacitances. The
higher the voltage the better, don't go below 250V if you can help it.

'X' rated suppression capacitors are very good but tend to be bulky
due to their higher performance rating. We've got boxes of those sort
here...

Any good component house should be able to flog you something
suitable, or go along to your local Amateur Radio club and scrounge
something.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes