[SEL] CrossHead

Bob Willman blcksmth at wcnet.org
Thu Oct 13 17:12:41 PDT 2005

    The crosshead is between the connecting rod and the piston. Think
steam engine. It is the sliding shoe - usually upper and lower - or right
and left -that keeps the piston rod in a straight back and forth motion.
The  connecting rod then connects the crosshead to the crank.

Bob Willman
Bowling Green, Ohio
The Eagle's Anvil
WB8NQW