[SEL] engine ident.

Blaine Haynes bhaynes at prexar.com
Thu Oct 13 14:44:33 PDT 2005

Blaine Haynes, Haynes Mower Shop
62 Beech Hill Crossroad, Mt. Desert, ME 04660
Phone 207 244-0204, Fax 207 244-7529

  I have just found an engine  that we think may be a International
Harvester...no tag....but has the IH logo cast in the side of the block....1
1/2  or 2 HP  serial no. VC5533    15 1/2  ' flywheel  3 1/2 " dia piston ,
brass connecting rod. Someone has replaced the igniter with spark plug
adapter plate and plug to run with a buzz coil. Could not I D the engine
from Wendells Yellow book Would like to identify what it is if possable I
have pictures to email if someone can post     Blaine