[SEL] Crossley Model JB Engine Information Wanted

Kerry ozengine at optusnet.com.au
Mon Oct 10 04:30:54 PDT 2005

G'Day Douglas

As an owner of a Crossley J, I am interested in what a JB is as there are 3
types as far as I know

"J" Gas engine (Town Gas) not gasoline
"JJ" Oil Engine (Kerosene)
"JJE" Special engine for driving electrical generators

The Gas engines and the Oil engines have a different numbering system, check
out my engine as to differences, has it got one or two cams one the side
shaft,
http://www.oldengine.org/members/kmorris/  under English Built engines.

I have never seen a manual for a J.

Kerry Morris