[SEL] Muncie engine

Rob Skinner rskinner at rustyiron.com
Tue Oct 11 08:43:12 PDT 2005

> Damn this is an exciting engine and probably once in a
> lifetime shot.  I'm pretty sure he'll trade it for my Toyota
> pickup which I'm cleaning up today.
> He does want it to stay in Montana and has made the
>statement several times:
> "Rick, will you promise me, you'll get it running?"  I'm
> going to assume it's stuck as he has nothing covering
> the intake and the bottom of the flywheels are in the
>dirt...aaarghhh!!!

Rick,
The tone of your prose conveys both enthusiasm and apprehension.

The wise and noble American Indians had a saying that might help you in reaching
a decision, "As you walk along the path of life, you will come across a great
chasm;  jump, it as not as far as you think."  In your case, they would say that
"the engine is not as large as you think."

Besides, we all know you're a Montana land baron.  That Muncie could get lost on
that spread of yours.

And the lovely and patient Mrs. S.?  She won't dump you.  She'll still need
someone to get the flour off the top shelf and to open a pickle jars.

Rob