[SEL] Mystery Engine (British)

John Hammink jg.hammink at quicknet.nl
Wed Oct 5 14:08:43 PDT 2005

Hi Jerry,
Since you used my picture of the uniporn, I have another one
for you of an original factory sign.
http://www.oldengine.org/members/hammink/unipornsign.jpg
The owner of the engine an Englishman had an info board too,
but I didn't take a picture of it.
What I see at the picture of the Daimler, I would say it's the
same engine (factory).

John Hammink
Anna Paulowna, Netherlands.
jg.hammink at quicknet.nl
www.oldengine.org/members/hammink/web

> Hi List,
> Please look at this. Can anyone identify it? Is it just a rebadged
> Uniporn? (Sure looks like it)
>
> The article states " It's called a Daimler Industrial Diesel, London, and
> so far, no mention has been found of this marque (at least as far as
> Stationary Engines are concerned), by the leading researchers in UK."
>
> Lets see if the list members can do better !! Maybe a pic or 2 ?
>
> <http://www.sandstone-estates.com/heritage/news/htn34/htn34.htm>
>
> Thanks
> Jerry
/sel