[SEL] Links page on my site

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Tue Oct 4 08:42:36 PDT 2005

Hello All,
	I'm finally getting around to making a links page on my site.

	I'm toying with a few ideas to make it a little different from the usual
links page that has a long list of names to click on. Allow me to ramble on
here a bit about my ideas. I would appreciate your feedback and ideas.

	I'm thinking of splitting them up first by country ie. Links in U.S.A.,
British, Australian, European sites etc. These will pretty much be "general
interest sites" (engine related of course) and most of our sites would fall
into this category.

	Then I would like to have links to sites that deal with specific "makes"
eg. Ray Hooley ( Ruston & Hornsby), Peter Lowe ( R&V register), Duncan
Denman (Massey Harris registry), Peter Forbes (Lister and much more), John
Hammink (IHC),  and so on.

	Another section would be to "experts in their field" eg. Ted Brookover -
igniters.

	Next would be links to specific "D.I.Y. processes" (for want of a better
description). Here I mean to link to articles like "How to remove a stuck
flywheel", "Rust removal by electrolysis", "Building a transporter" and so on.

	I know that many of your sites do link to things like this and also that
most of the articles I want to link to are on your sites. My brain is a bit
"muddy" with ideas and trying to think up something new or different.

	Please also mail me the addresses (off list would probably be best - I do
not want to clutter up the mail list) of your sites or any interesting
articles you have for inclusion. A short description of your choice would
also be good.

	While on the subject of links, If anyone wants to link to my page I would
appreciate the punt. A description could be "Jerry Evans - Old Engines in
South Africa" The address is:

<http://www.oldengine.org/members/evans>.

At this stage my site consists mainly of photographs taken at local shows
and my main intention here is to put up pictures that are clear and
detailed so that viewers can see actual detail on the engines - good for
reference. I also like to put up my pics as large as possible (800 x 600)
but keep file sizes down for faster loading.

	Search engines take into account how many other pages have links to your
page when deciding on a rating - the more the merrier. I have spent some
time trying to opitimise my pages for Google and am pleased to say that on
a few search terms I come out on top of the first page of Google.

	Thanks in advance.
Jerry Evans in S.A.

---