[SEL] Re: High Head Bolts - Good News

Rob Skinner rskinner at rustyiron.com
Tue Nov 29 22:02:54 PST 2005

> Look on page 35 of this catalog.....they have......Kwik
> Poly!!  If you don't know what it it, it is the miracle drug
> for rusty/leaking gas tanks plus much more.

Now hold your horses there, amigo!

Here is my understanding of the facts.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

1.  A elderly gentleman in Missouri used to manufacture Kwik-Poly.

2.  The gentleman died.

3.  The rights to the product were sold to another gentleman named Jeff.

4.  Jeff renamed the product Xtreme-Poly.

5.  Litigation ensued and the formulation was changed.

6.  The new formulation is not gasoline resistant.

7.  Litigation continues.

So the obvious questions are:

1.  Why does a 2005 catalog carry "Kwik-Poly?"

2.  Is this "Kwik-Poly" resistant to fuel.

3.  If so, why does the catalog not claim this characteristic?

It appears that there are huge holes in the "facts" as I know them.

Rob

Rob Skinner
La Habra, California
mailto:rskinner at rustyiron.com