[SEL] OT .....Oil supplies

James Moran jrmoraninc at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 29 07:48:00 PST 2005

To the SEL folks-
  Some of you have become aware of the IH "M" engine that turned up on my  doorstep.  Pix were made available by Mike Sloane, etc.
  I have encountered a fellow who is interested in buying this thing and/or the M/D 10-20 or (perhaps) doing a trade thing.
  I have no idea as to valuations, so I am poorly armed for such a conversation.
  Can any of you shoot back some guidelines and/or advice?
  Thanks so much.
  JM

peter ogborne <jopeter at omninet.net.au> wrote:  It is estimated that in three years time the worlds oil supples will have
reached ''Peak Supply'' . This means that we will be on the down hill slide
, more water coming out than oil.
If this is correct the ramifications are too terrible to contemplate. We
have waited too long to start getting serious about alternative energy
supplies .
An example of stupidity ..........here in my state of Western Australia a
new base load power station has been brought on line , the fuel being used
is distillate . That is because the planning did not make provision for the
use of natural gas of which we have so much that it is more important to
export it to bloody Japan than to use it ourselves.
Peter Ogborne
Little Grove ,Albany
West Australia
''Heart of the Rainbow Coast ''