[SEL] Good Engine Day!

Michael Tucker mtucker at uky.edu
Sun Nov 20 05:10:51 PST 2005

Dave and others,

Thanks for the words of encouragement!  Lincoln and I were very
excited to hear her sit there and chuff away.

>Did you have to change batteries, or did the one you were using do the trick?

The one that I was using did the trick.  I think a lot of it was
playing with the gas mixture enough to get it to run although I think
that the spark was improved some by re-alining the contact points on
the igniter so they mated up nice and flat.  Before they were only
touching on a small part of the outer rim.

>That buzz saw rig shouldn't take more than a few days to put in tip top shape.

I hope you have hip waders on to walk through all of the "stuff"
that's now surrounding your computer :-)!

>Can we expect to see the unit at Portland 2006?

If things go well the rig will be at the SIAM show in June where IHC
engines will be the feature.

>PS, Play with the gasoline adjustment a bit. You should be able to
>get at least 24/30 revs between hits!

Yep, for some reason I was having to run it too rich so I've
definitely got a lot of tweaking to do.  Most of that will probably
come after I get it mounted on the saw rig and get the fuel pump and
cooling system hooked up.  That way I can play with the adjustments
and if it isn't exactly right I can prepare some more shim stock and
think about it while she sits there and runs "incorrectly." :-)

John, I'll work on getting some pictures out for you to see.

Take care,
Mike
--
Michael Tucker