[SEL] Good Engine Day!

James Moran jrmoraninc at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 19 18:49:08 PST 2005

Beware the buzz saw.
  JM

Michael Tucker <mtucker at uky.edu> wrote:  Howdy all,

Today turned out to be a good engine day!  It's taken a while to get
to this point because of life and waiting on parts but after
straightening up the ring grooves, putting in new custom rings, a new
intake valve, a re-grind of the intake valve seat and some heavy duty
head gasket material from Chuck Balyeat my 4 hp, screen cooled
Osborne/Famous now has LOTS of compression.  I think that it's been a
LONG time since she ran but today, using rubber bands on the governor
weights, pouring gas into the mixer and a conversation about igniters
with Dr. Dave, she finally chuffed to life!  With a LOT of details to
fill in and a LOT of tweaking to go she settled in to about 110 rpm
and about 12 revolutions between hits!  Now the focus will shift to
getting the buzz saw rig ready.  Ah........ life is GREAT!

See ya',
Mike
--
Michael Tucker