[SEL] FMB two lunger vertical....semi-diesel, I believe

Richard Strobel Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com
Sat Nov 12 05:32:04 PST 2005

Thanks guys;  Here's a little background.

   We went down and visited with Mr. Barnes who has had the Barnes Steam and
Power show for over thirty years..Belgrade, Mt.  Mainly Steam, but he does
have a few combustion engines.  While we were looking it over he mentioned
that he wished he knew of a guru who had experience with one.  His one
comment was: "Safely start one."
   I believe this is a semi-diesel, two stroke, ports, no valves and like
some two lungers one cylinder is used for starting (the other) on compressed
air.  I believe I have read where too much priming fuel can cause a runaway,
and this may be his concern.  There is evidence of a hot tube/bulb.

  I do know he needs some large air tanks and a healthy compressor and will
try to help him out there.

  So to answer your question Dave...an operator's manual and maintenance
manual would be helpful.  He is getting up there and like us all, has way
too many projects.

  The "Ten Stamp" Mill is something to watch and he and friends spent over a
month finding it a new home.

  Here's some pix's from the 2003 show:

http://community.webshots.com/album/87230418MNzrJS

  regards;