[SEL] Off topic kinda Cameras

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 23:38:28 PST 2005

On 11/6/05, Ron Frost, Kersey, PA <ron217_2000 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> We all take pictures of our pride and joys and I find it time I fine a new machine to do this with.  I'd like to be able to take closeups as well as regular and telephoto picture. Thansferable to the computer. In natural and artificial lighting.
> I appreciate any suggestion youall might have about what I need, price, brand batterys, etc.
> Thanks in advance.
> Ron

As Reggie has mentioned, the Sony Mavica cameras take a lot of
beating, but they are no longer available new, although lots available
secondhand.

I've used one for nearly four years with no problems at all, and we
have four in the family. Rita didn't like them as they are relatively
large compared with the newer, smaller models, but I like the large
viewing screen and although I have never used the floppy drive (all of
ours take the memory sticks in one way or another) it's always there
if I need it.

Battery life is very good, even better with Memory Sticks as you are
not powering the floppy drive for every picture.

Best/simplest Mavica is probably the MVC FD100, my own one is the MVC FD97.

Look at Steve's Digicams website for test drives of nearly every
camera on the market, Dolly recommended this site to me some time ago
and it is very good indeed.

http://www.steves-digicams.com

Peter
--