[SEL] First Time Participant At Engine Show

FRM8198 at aol.com FRM8198 at aol.com
Sun May 29 20:09:16 PDT 2005

Finally, I participated in my first engine show.  One of the  members of the
EDGE & TA Branch 27 encouraged me to show a couple of my  Maytags at Cayucos
this week end.  Now, I understand the frustration of  displaying engines.  The
Model 72  twin ran like a dream.   However, the Model 92 single ran very well
for a while.  Then, it stopped  and I wasn't able to get it started again.
When I arrived home, I tried  the single again and it started.  I was able to
stop and start it several  times without any problem (I didn't have to threaten
it with an  axe).
Nevertheless, I have the bug to show the engines  again.  I am hoping to
attend the engine meet in Santa Ynez on June  11.

Francis  Maciel
Santa Maria, CA