[SEL] Cylinder/piston questions

R and E Freeman plb at iinet.net.au
Mon May 23 16:40:24 PDT 2005

Do the rings have enough tension or spring left in them?Maybe the engine has
got to hot in the past. Seems to me that if compression is lost suddenly as
the piston changes direction its rings losing thier seal. If the rings where
doing thier job and the piston is good size up to the ring gaps the piston
should not wobble? Just food for thought anyway.

Ray Freeman

Portable Line Boring
http://www.plb.iinet.net.au
plb at plb.iinet.net.au