[SEL] Old trolly car engine

Dave Croft dave.croft at ntlworld.com
Mon May 23 11:13:01 PDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Clint D" <driggars at earthlink.net>
To: <SEL at lists.stationary-engine.com>
Sent: Monday, May 23, 2005 6:11 AM
Subject: [SEL] Old trolly car engine

> anyone know what would be the likely engine in a trolly car for RR's
> I have one located that is from the early 1900's, like before 1910
> I have not yet been able to physically see it yet and just wondering if it would
> be worth my time to travel to look at purchasing it?
> Clint

All this talk of Rail Trucks takes me back 30+ years when my hobby was
the restoration of old steam railways.
We joined a railway in the early days of restoration when the main job was
excavating the track through a jungle of vegetation.
We had a hand pushed rail trolley but eventually we got the remains of an old
motorcycle & bolted the frame to the trolley. We put a cog on the rear axle &
drove the cart with the Villers engine on the bike.
See http://community.webshots.com/photo/74826143/351634582AQuVqy
This shows the societies committee being given an inspection tour around 1965.
Dave Croft
Warrington
England
http://community.webshots.com/user/crftdv