[SEL] Cylinder/piston questions

R and E Freeman plb at iinet.net.au
Sun May 22 19:01:17 PDT 2005

Mike , looks like you have a worn piston but I'm not sure if it would make
all that much difference to the blowby. Lots of people here would know more
about that than me but I would think if the rings are OK and a good fit in
the ring grooves it should seal up with some oil around there. Your smallest
bore measurement and largest piston measurement would be close to unworn
sizes so it was originally around 8 thou clearance. Modern engines would be
tighter but in that I would think 6 to 8 thou would be OK

Ray Freeman

Portable Line Boring
http://www.plb.iinet.net.au
plb at plb.iinet.net.au