[SEL] Up and running

Jeff Allen transteck at earthlink.net
Sun May 22 13:41:55 PDT 2005

Hi all,

Took a handful of stoopid pills this morning and did some more work
here. Actually I took some Advil cause I overdid it with the yard work
yesterday. Sitting at the puter is about all I can handle today. OUch!

I have the photo index site up and running. I like the look and layout
so far and all comments are welcome. Now is the time.

Reg sent me to Patrick Livingstone's site and I spend a few hours
looking it over. Well worth the visit. He has generously allowed me to
raid his site, and that is where I started. Much more to do there by the
way.

The format is pretty simple now. I prefer to put pictures up that are on
others sites, so I can link to their sites for more information.
Remember this is a photo database. I do have a copy of all photos here,
and I will crop and modify if I feel the need. I give credit to the
photographer. I will only list the name and location of the engine owner
with their permission. You have to opt in for me to publish personal
information. I will not for any reason put any e-mail address of owners
or photographers on this site. Right now I don't even have one there for
me. Haven't decided what mailbox to use yet.

I am thinking I will move the most common engines to sub directories,
and keep the rare ones on the index page. All thoughts are welcome. I am
in no rush, and this will go on for years if I decide to keep at it.
Feedback and participation are the keys to that. So far both have been
great. I have the domain for at least one year, so I'll see how things
go. Here it is:

http://oldirongallery.com/

Jeff Allen