[SEL] insurance...in Australia and being kept in the dark.by the NHMA

peter ogborne jopeter at omninet.net.au
Thu May 19 16:06:35 PDT 2005

We here in Australia as club members affiliated with the National Historical
Machinery Association of Australia are allegedly covered by some sort of
insurance policy. We go to shows carrying our little card saying that we
have public liability insurance . We all feel so bloody secure ,but are we ?
I know nothing of the detail of this policy ,i have only just found out who
the underwriter is . I would think that i would be entitled to a copy of the
policy ,i am not even sure if the club has one. With all my other insurance
policies the underwriter has given me a comprehensive detail of the policy.
I would suggest to all Australian members to demand a copy of this policy ,
not letting us see it is madness. We cannot continue in this way .
Peter Ogborne ,Little Grove ,Albany
West Australia
''Heart of the Rainbow Coast ''
jopeter at omninet.net.au