[SEL] Rushden Cavalcade

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Tue May 17 06:15:12 PDT 2005

On 5/17/05, Jim French <fbi at insulate.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi All
> Not being as efficient as Patrick, I've only just done the webpage for
> Rushden Cavalcade, the show we went to a couple of weeks ago (but hey,
> at least that's better than Arnie!), so enjoy.
> http://www.oldengine.org/members/dolly/rushden.htm
> Engines are on the first page, some of the other stuff on the second.
>
> Dolly

A lot better location this year, and the weather was as good as you
say. We went down on the Saturday morning to have a look, but a lot of
stalls were still setting up, so we probably missed a few items.

The Real Ale tent was well attended as usual, but they didn't have
anything to makr the new site at the old one, so anyone who didn't
know where to go would have possibly missed it. I thought that a
simple redirection sign at the old place would have been a big benefit
for folks coming along the B645 from St Neots or Raunds.

Having said that, the signs on the new bypass 'were' in place and most
people found it OK

It is close enough to us now that we almost thought about walking up
to it, but we had to feed the nags anyway so drove over to the field
and did that first!

Amazing what a bit of dry weather can do...

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes
Email: listerdiesel at gmail.com