[SEL] Generator hookup

Ron Frost, Kersey, PA ron217_2000 at yahoo.com
Wed May 11 13:59:44 PDT 2005

Guys,
On Ebay right now is an alternator remfg. and they state it will self start at 5-600 RPM  don't know if they have done somethink to it or not. Take a look.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7974001886&category=33573
Ron

FRM8198 at aol.com wrote:
In a message dated 05/10/2005 9:13:45 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
jbcast at charter.net writes:

> All it takes is a regulator that's self exciting. They have to spin up
> pretty good to excite, won't start charging at idle. I've seen people try them on
> tractors, small crank pulley and low rpm motors, they would never start
> charging.

J.B.
Here is an excellent web site that expands on your explanation.

Francis Maciel
Santa Maria, CA 93454

Ron Frost
Kersey, PA
 http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4070123&a=30427007&f=0

  http://community.webshots.com/user/ron15846

" Collector of other peoples cultured merchandise "