[SEL] Generator hookup

Richard Strobel Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com
Wed May 11 08:23:13 PDT 2005

Yea, I would think an old generator would make a better display.  Heck at
one time I thot of an old engine running a generator that charged a battery
that furnished power to an inverter which drove my old Easy electric washing
machine.

  There's a working display at a dam in Wash. state where one peddles a
bicycle type gizmo which drives an alternator.  Various wattage light bulbs
can be switched to increase the load.  It's a real eye opener when a hunk
jumps on and thinks he can power them all up.  Very nice display!!!

  Also wasn't there an article way back in TMEN where a guy made his kids
peddle a bicycle that charged a battery, furnished power to an
inverter..hooked to a boob tube?  They had to charge the battery before they
could watch TV.

Whew..that's been a day or two ago.

later,
RickinMt.