[SEL] Regal has landed

David Nicolson dnicolson40 at hotmail.com
Mon May 9 04:28:11 PDT 2005

Hi All, got my Regal home today.A nice little day trip to pick it up but a
heavy sod to load.By the look of it this engine did very little work as the
gears,bearings and rings are like new.It is a shame the head was lost when
sent in for repairs 60 years ago but then it is a wonder it never ended up
as scrap iron in the next 40 years before my friend got it.It has a 6'' bore
so i would presume it to be about 6hp.Does anyone know what the original
colour was as my friend cant remember what it was when he got it.He cleaned
it down and primed it when he first got.This has protected it fairly well as
he lives about 500 yards from the sea and the salt isn't very kind toold
iron there wether it be in a shed or outside.  Dave in oz