[SEL] Mystery to me

Alan Bowen rustaholic777 at yahoo.com
Sun May 8 17:22:11 PDT 2005

Dave,,, Rick,,,,
I urge both of you to proceed with caution,,,,

So far I have talked with three different guys that knew a collector about 135 miles north of
where I live.  He had one-of-a-kind engines and cars made in short numbers in small towns. Over
100 very rare cars and over 200 rare engines.  He always was ready to offer advice to other
collectors, but he wouldn't EVER sell anything.  When he died several guys approched his widow too
soon and she called a crusher in and stood there until everything was distroyed!!!!

I don't know,,, Maybe she was the one that was the really tight horder all the time. This all
happened about 30 years ago, but the folks that knew the man will never forget what was lost. They
said that when the guy was asked if he would sell an engine he just would say,"Maybe someday."  I
really feel that if the wife had died first all those cars and engines would still be someones
treasures.

Alan Bowen