[SEL] FW: Stover Engine Colour

Patrick M Livingstone pml1 at bigpond.net.au
Tue May 3 04:50:33 PDT 2005

If anyone can help Grover with the correct colour for his Stover contact him
at his address below.

Patrick M Livingstone

Leichhardt NSW

  _____

From: Grover Fox,Jr [mailto:cfox25 at nu-z.net]

Subject: Stover Engine

I have a Stover engine I am trying to restore, I am interested in the color
code for the paint.

The plate states Stover Engine Works, Freeport, Ill USA

Type U  H.P. 8 Speed 300

No. E34798

It is very similar to the one in your picutures on the web site (looks like
a U type and is painted some type of green.  Someone here told me it was a
Dupont color.  If you have any information as to what color this engine was
originally and where I can obtain please let me know.  \

At some of the shows Ihave gone to some oldtimers say it should have been
red, some say green,  It was rusted when I got it and I now have it
sandblasted and primed.  I just need the correct color.

Enjoy your site.  Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.  Grover
Fox

                                           Lincolnton, GA  USA