[SEL] Honda oil plug OT

Joseph L Betz jlb94 at juno.com
Thu Mar 31 18:20:21 PST 2005

Hi Tom,

There were a couple things that turned me against mechanics.  I know
there are some that really care about the work they do but being that I
have the ability to do most of the work myself -  I do.  People like JB,
who instructed me on how to replace a timing gear on an 89 Pontiac via
e-mail, are indispensable.

But -

One was when I got a car State Inspected and came home to find a wobbly
left front wheel.  They loosened the
front spindle ( I guess ) To check the brakes and reinstalled without a
cotter pin.

Two - Was when I bought my truck NEW.  1st State Inspection was at the
dealer.  2 guys were sitting at the
front wheel of my truck for the longest time.

I was watching them and finally went over and said, "Something wrong?"
They said they couldn't get the front
hub back together.  My question was:  "Why did you take it apart?"   they
said - To get at the brakes.  I said "See those 3 large screws on the
drum?"  Again - "Why did you take it apart?"  No answer.

Then I instructed them piece by piece on how to assemble a front driving
hub.

While this was going on I also observed a "mechanic" removing a rear end
yoke with a BFH.  This is a FORD DEALERSHIP.  Where's the pullers ?

Thanks for the opportunity,

Joe "Pip" Betz said that.
jlb94 at juno.com
 ,-._,-.         "Conceit is an odd disease:
 \/)"(\/        It makes everyone sick but the one who has it."
 (_o_)          http://community.webshots.com/user/pipbetz