[SEL] Quirky exhibits

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Thu Mar 31 10:30:58 PST 2005

Hi All
	Justin Ludewig in South Africa has a small McCormick Deering with a Myers
pump directly coupled to it. This pump has been modified into a compressor
(using an Aspera head). This "compressor" pumps up a modified motor car
shock absorber which is mounted inside a Gorilla (steel frame, springs, one
of Justin's old dustcoats, polystyrene head with bloodshot eyes behind a
Gorilla mask and a few other things). Depending on the pressure build up
the Gorilla jumps up and down and shakes it's head about every 30 seconds
or so - thereafter it remains motionless until the pressure builds up
again. This process is very irregular (due to a problem with the
compressor) so it can happen at any time. The kids especially love it and
stand for ages talking to the Gorilla. I have many photo's of kids totally
enthralled with the contraption.

	The latest modification to this is the addition of a loudspeaker inside
the Gorilla with a remote microphone - now they will really be able to
speak to the Gorilla but it has yet to go to a show with this feature.

	I forsee a scramble for the microphone everytime a good looking "gal"
walks past it!

	See the pic here < http://www.oldengine.org/members/evans/gorilla.jpg >.
Best regards
Jerry Evans.
Databak Hard Drive Data Recovery

Databak Hard Drive Data Recovery   ----- The lower cost Data Recovery
Alternative !
We recover your LOST DATA resulting from Hard Drive Failure / Virus attack
/ Accidental or Malicious Deletion of files, Reformatting or Partition Loss
(FDISK).
We also retrieve lost passwords for most popular programmes.
Visit our site:
http://www.databak.co.za
Tel: (016)365-5787 and 083 293 7191
Tel. Intntl.: +27(16)365-5787
eMail: jerrye at cyberserv.co.za
Snail Mail: P.O.Box 521, Randvaal. 1873. Republic of South Africa

---